Friday, January 18, 2013

Love poems free to a good home: Smashwords


Need a love poem? Most people do at some time in their lives.
I'm sharing a book of love poems.


Lover Poems by Rachel McAlpine on Smashwords

Poems for lovers, happy or not. In this book of love poems, certain lines may express precisely what you feel but cannot say. The delicious agonies of longing. Confusion when a love affair goes wrong. The frivolous, funny, and comforting aspects of love. Enjoy!  You'll know when to use the following poem...


Love Song
Your forehead
is the curve
of the world.

Through your eyes
I slide
into a jungle
a tangle
of flying vines
of blood feasts
of jagged cries
of silent
silken
steps.

Your blood
has the beat
of the sea.
It pulls
to the pulse
of the moon.

If I die
before I lie
with you
rocks will rain
from heaven
on my grave.

Rachel McAlpine

You may share this poem freely, 
but always include my name as writer.

Get the whole book. Free.

P.S. Lover Poems is in the Smashwords Premium Catalog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment